Tuesday, February 16, 2010

First Post

Here we go! This blog was created to cover my journeys as an aspiring home beer brewing aficionado! I chose the name "Falls Dam Brewery" due to the location of where I grew up, and where I live currently: Badin, NC. Badin is a very small town about 40 miles east of Charlotte, NC. This town of roughly 2000 people is nestled along the banks of Badin Lake. At the very top of Badin Lake is the original dam built by the French in the early 1900's...Falls Dam. I love it here, this is where I was raised, and this is where I am currently raising 2 children along with my loving wife Jessica. I started enjoying craft beer a few years ago when my wife and I took a tour of Highland Brewing Company's facilities in Asheville, NC. Highland was my first craft beer experience, and still one of my favorites. I stumbled upon home brewing while reading through a Williams Brewing catalog that I randomly found at the post office one afternoon. I am currently waiting on some of their supplies to get back in stock before I order my first home brew equipment kit and beer recipe kit. Please stay tuned for the results and many pictures! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment